Yes, we're open for business! We're working hard to
serve you while keeping our employees safe. You can call us at (800) 682-2638.
Help your students hone a wide range of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) skills with our wooden blocks for classrooms for sale. Order today.
The humble wooden block is a favorite among students, teachers and parents thanks to its versatility, ease of use and ability to unleash imaginations. Other areas in which wooden blocks excel include science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). At Bender-Burkot, we have a wide range of wooden blocks for classrooms for sale, so you can get your young students building, learning and thinking in new ways.
How Are Wooden Blocks and STEM Related?
You can probably imagine where blocks fit into engineering, but what about all the other subjects? Kids can develop science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics (STEAM) skills in many ways:
- Science: Gravity, weight and stability are all important concepts to master, and students learn about them through trial and error as they build.
- Technology: While wooden blocks are more primitive than some high-tech toys, they're still great for developing fine motor skills, something we need to use technology.
- Engineering: Kids learn about the building process, how to problem-solve and how to plan when they play with blocks.
- Arts: Students have to get creative when they build, and their projects can easily be works of art.
- Mathematics: When building, kids learn a lot about basic concepts, such as identifying shapes and colors and sorting. Blocks are also an excellent aid when it's time to teach addition, subtraction and other math topics.
Other STEAM skills, such as critical thinking, problem-solving and planning, come naturally for children when working with blocks. Kids' wooden blocks are great for free play and unstructured building, but you can also use them as helpers to teach concepts in math or science. They also work well as concrete objects to demonstrate tough-to-visualize topics such as addition and subtraction, as well as gravity, weight, patterns and comparisons.
Our wooden blocks for sale are an excellent resource for developing many different skills concurrently and promoting childrens' STEM education.
Wooden Blocks for Classrooms for Sale
Whether you're trying to focus on STEM and STEAM skills or just want to offer up enjoyable, educational activities for your students, blocks can help — after all, they're a staple of just about any young classroom. We carry several different designs for classroom wooden blocks:
- The classic: These traditional building blocks are sanded smooth and well-crafted for an enjoyable building experience. They have a natural finish.
- Rainbow blocks: Another option for students are rainbow blocks, which have colored acrylic windows at the center of each block. They add some helpful characteristics for sorting tasks, pattern recognition and creative building.
- Hollow blocks: Hollow blocks have a natural finish like standard wooden blocks, but they're not enclosed. They're lighter and can include additional components such as flat ramps that fit onto slots in the blocks.
Your Trusted Partner in Building STEAM Skills
SitENAME is committed to helping teachers support their students in STEM with a wide assortment of products and resources, including wooden building blocks. Shop quality wooden blocks for sale at competitive prices in our online store. We also have a stellar customer service team who can help answer any questions you have. Just reach out to us
to learn more!